Last Updated: October 22, 2017
- Information We Collect. When you use our Website, we may receive and collect certain information. The information that we may receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit our Website.
Please note that any messages sent to directly to other users of the Website are only private insofar as the sender and receiver keep them private. We do not and cannot control when a user may decide to make the contents of a private message public.
- Excluded Information. This policy does not extend to information available in public records. This information includes, but is not limited to, information about professionals such as information obtained from law enforcement, licensing agencies, or courts.
- General Audience Website. We intend the Website for general audiences. In other words, this Website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13). Consequently, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen. If you are aware that such a child has provided us with personal information without the appropriate parental consent, please contact us at infohumanityrisingcom (standard email format). If we become aware that a child under thirteen has opened an account and/or provided personal information to us, we will act to remove any and all personal information associated with that child and terminate the child’s account.
- Security. We strive to ensure that the Information (as defined below) you share with use is handled in a safe, secure and responsible manner. We have contracted with service providers who have security measures to help protect against loss, unauthorized access and alteration of the information in our control. We will only disclose such Information to employees and authorized service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this Policy. The databases of our service providers are protected by physical, technical, and procedural measures that restrict access to authorized persons in accordance with this Policy. Although no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, and we cannot ensure against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of data, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
- E-Mail Communications. When you send an email to us, or provide your email address to us, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive communication from us electronically. We may retain the content of the email, your email address, and our response in order to service your needs. We may use the data that you provide to send you email or correspondence via other means.
- Text Communications. If you choose to provide us with a mobile device telephone number, you consent to receiving communications from us via text messaging services we may choose to use from time to time. You acknowledge that text messaging fees may be incurred and you are responsible for those fees. Accepting text messages from Humanity Rising is not a requirement of the program. If a mobile number is provided, you can remove yourself from the text list at any time.
- Linking to Third-Party Website. When you click on links through our Service that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we are not and cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party websites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy policies of any and every website you visit, whether you are linking from our Website or browsing on your own.
- Access to and Managing Your Information. We believe it is important for you to be able to: (1) find out what Information you have provided to us through our Website or Service; (2) update your Information; and (3) “opt out” of receiving future Marketing Communications. To inquire about your Information, update your Information, or “opt” out of receiving future Marketing Communications, please do one of the following:
Access your profile and change the relevant settings or information in it;Send an e-mail with your request and current contact information to infohumanityrisingcom (standard email format);Send a request in writing with your current contact information to: Debbie Ferruzzi, Humanity Rising, 21548 Swan Court, Kildeer, Lake County, IL 60047 .If you send an e-mail or letter request, please be sure to include your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address and indicate the specific nature of your request. If you want to “opt in” or “opt out” of receiving Marketing Communications, specifically what type of Marketing Communication (e.g., e-mail or direct mail) you wish to receive or to stop receiving. This will ensure we identify you correctly in our systems and accurately process your request. We will take appropriate steps to implement your request, but due to production, mailing and system timelines, it may take up to: fifteen (15) business days for e-mails or thirty (30) calendar days for mail. Until that change takes effect, you may still receive or not receive Marketing Communications from us.Also, please note that even though you may have “opted out” of receiving Marketing Communications, you may still receive business-related communications. Please be aware that “opting-out” of certain third party use may prevent us from providing certain services that you request.Please note that if you close your account by accessing your profile settings or as otherwise provided on our Website, we may retain certain information that you submitted to us. For example, if you send a private message to another user, that user may still retain a copy of the message, even if you delete your account with us. Similarly, information that you publicly post on another user’s message board or information that other users have copied may also remain visible on our Website.Additionally, we may retain certain data for a legitimate business purpose, such as analysis of aggregated, anonymous data, or if retention is required by law. Please note that we do not and cannot control when third parties, such as search engines, update their systems to account for changes made by users of our Website regarding their publicly viewable information.
Send an email with your request and current contact information to info<at>humanityrising<dot>com (standard email format).