Humanity Rising Healthcare Service Challenge:
Tell us your Healthcare service story for a chance to earn a college scholarship. Open to students across the country. You can submit a new / updated story once every three months. CLICK HERE to submit your Healthcare service challenge story.
- The average price for a typical hospital room in the U.S. is over $350 per day
- Cancer, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes are responsible for the majority of deaths and health care costs
- in the United States
- Less than 80% of U.S. adults years can afford to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- The average life expectancy is five years less for those with obesity
- Approximately 200,000 Americans die from preventable medical errors including facility-acquired conditions.
Sources: www.justfacts.com/healthcare.asp www.accountablecaredoctors.org/american-healthcare-whats-the-problem